Higher Education Redesign Accelerator
With more than 400 regional public universities in the U.S., these institutions are higher education’s equivalent of the neighborhood public school. They educate nearly 40% of all undergraduates in the U.S., 70% of undergraduates at public, 4-year institutions.The Higher Education Redesign Accelerator provides an opportunity to support the upward mobility of these institutions, the students they serve, and the overall educational fabric of the United States.
The Accelerator is a 7-month, immersive design experience to advance high impact student outcomes in U.S. public universities. Blending synchronous and asynchronous experiences centered around a design core, the Accelerator will drive ideation and implementation planning for innovative student-focused solutions. Executive Teams from participating universities will engage in design sessions to develop ideas, learn from each other and prepare for implementation with team coaching support.
The Accelerator is organized around the IMPACT Framework which is designed to accelerate the ideation process, advance prototype thinking with infusions of expertise and thought leadership towards pilots for implementation. Teams that complete the Accelerator will be awarded with seed funding to support advancement of their pilot. With funding constraints for many institutions, this removes another potential barrier to success.
- Accelerate progress on high-impact projects through new design approaches with significant results.
- Create a process that supports continuous focus on outcomes for strategic scale, success and long-term sustainable change.
- Cultivate new capacities via mindsets, tools, frameworks and leadership skills.
- Amplify value of existing strategic opportunities within institutions.
- Develop a network across universities within the system to support sharing of best practices and tracking of lessons learned, and to avoid a “reinventing the wheel” approach.
2022 ACCELERATOR PARTNER: Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE)